Work in Canada allows foreign workers to qualify for permanent residence. The country’s population is ageing and there are not enough new workers to replace those who retire. As a result of such a demographic problem, the government of Canada allows Canadian employers to hire foreign workers. In order to work in Canada, a foreign national must obtain a work permit.

The employment of foreign workers is regulated under the two umbrella programs: Temporary Foreign Worker Program (TFWP) and International Mobility Program (IMP). In addition, foreign nationals who filed a claim for refugee protection and are waiting for the decision about asylum in Canada may also get a work permit under Humanitarian and Compassionate grounds. Work permits can be open, which allow working for any employer, or employer- or occupation-restricted, allowing to work only for a specific employer or in a specific occupation

To apply for a work permit under the TFWP, a foreign national needs to find an employer who obtained a Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA). IMP-work permits are exempt from LMIA and are mainly intended for spouses of international students and foreign workers, sponsored spouses who are waiting for the decision on the sponsorship application within Canada, international graduates from Canadian colleges and universities and some other categories of foreigners.

Schindler Visa Services can help you to obtain a work permit appropriate in your case. We can also assist your employer to get an LMIA.

What services for foreign workers does Schindler Visa provide?
  • Helping an employer to obtain an LMIA
  • Obtaining a Work Permit for foreign workers
  • Obtaining a Work Permit for spouses of international students
  • Obtaining a Post-Graduate Work Permit for Graduates
  • Obtaining a Work Permit for sponsored spouses
  • Obtaining permanent residence in Canada
Work Permit
Canada welcomes foreign nationals to join the Canadian labour market. In order to legally work in Canada, the foreign worker must obtain a work permit, a special document that authorizes individuals to be employed in the country.

Read more

Open Work Permit
An open work permit (OWP) allows spouses of international students, international graduates and their spouses, spouses of foreign workers, sponsored spouses and some other categories of foreigners to work in Canada. The OWP holders can work for several employers at the same time.

Read more

Post Graduate Work Permit
Post Graduate Work Permit (PGWP) allows graduates of Canadian colleges and universities to obtain an Open Work Permit in Canada for up to three years. International Graduates do not need a job offer to apply for PGWP, and can work anywhere in Canada, for any employer, in any occupation!

Read more

Book your Individual Consultation today!

How to book a consultation
1. Select the duration of your consultation
2. Indicate if you are in Canada
3. Click on the ‘Submit’ button
4. On the next screen, use the calendar.
5. Choose a convenient day
6. Choose a convenient time
7. Click on the ‘Confirm’ button
8. Enter your first name, last name and email address
9. Select the communication method: phone or Zoom
10. Select the language of the consultation
11. Enter your credit card billing information
12. Click on the ‘Schedule Event’ button

After booking the consultation, you will receive an email with the booking details and a link to Zoom if you have selected this option.